By David M. Greer
This concentrated ebook bargains essentially and concisely with the rules of administration of sufferers with acute ischemic stroke (AIS). It emphasizes the printed and verifiable facts in help of those rules, and highlights the components of restricted proof. top proof is equipped for the present usual therapy of acute ischemic stroke, together with intravenous chemical thrombolysis, intra-arterial ways, blood strain administration, and anti-thrombotic treatment. extra sleek options also are defined, comparable to using mechanical units to evacuate a thrombus, prompted high blood pressure, hyper-oxygenation (hyperoxia), and neuroprotective or neuroregeneration brokers. Hallmark beneficial properties contain:
- Focused on acute ischemic stroke, the main quickly becoming zone of stroke administration
- Evidence established: presents top proof for therapy
- Clearly discusses components and issues the place top facts has now not but been demonstrated
- Lays out remedies and protocols in instruction manual style for ease of use and reference, even in emergency occasions
- Includes newest and state-of-the-art options and gear for facing AIS
Acute Ischemic Stroke: An Evidence-based Approach is an essential reference paintings for neurologists, neurocritical care medics, intensivists, hospitalists, emergency room physicians, neurology citizens and fellows. it's also a precious source for scientific scholars, surgeon assistants, and nurse practitioners in health center and neurocritical care facilities.Content:
Chapter 1 Stroke: old views and destiny instructions (pages 1–2): Magdy Selim
Chapter 2 Neuroimaging of the extreme Stroke sufferer (pages 3–37): William A. Copen and Michael H. Lev
Chapter three Intravenous Thrombolysis (pages 39–62): Sherry H.?Y. Chou and Eric E. Smith
Chapter four Endovascular methods to Acute Stroke (pages 63–96): Raul G. Nogueira, Guilherme C. Dabus, Joshua A. Hirsch and Lee H. Schwamm
Chapter five Nonthrombolytic Acute Stroke remedies (pages 97–122): Aneesh B. Singhal, Larami MacKenzie and Joshua M. Levine
Chapter 6 Surgical administration of Acute Stroke sufferers (pages 123–136): Alim P. Mitha, Carlos E. Sanchez and Christopher S. Ogilvy
Chapter 7 Antithrombotic remedy for Acute Stroke (pages 137–162): Orla Sheehan and Peter Kelly
Chapter eight extensive Care administration of Acute Ischemic Stroke (pages 163–196): Kevin N. Sheth and David M. Greer
Chapter nine evaluate of Acute Stroke Etiologies (pages 197–212): Karen L. Furie, Michael H. Lev, Walter J. Koroshetz and David M. Greer
Chapter 10 TeleStroke: software of Telemedicine in Acute Ischemic Stroke (pages 213–232): Eric S. Rosenthal and Lee H. Schwamm
Read or Download Acute Ischemic Stroke: An Evidence-based Approach PDF
Similar neurology books
Guillain-Barr? Syndrome factors the body's immune approach to assault the peripheral fearful method, generating emotions of tingling and weak spot that bring up in depth till the sufferer is sort of completely paralyzed. Claiming millions of latest sufferers every year, GBS can strike someone at any age, despite gender or ethnicity.
This can be a 3-in-1 reference publication. It provides an entire scientific dictionary protecting hundreds of thousands of phrases and expressions with regards to electromyography. It additionally provides broad lists of bibliographic citations. ultimately, it offers details to clients on easy methods to replace their wisdom utilizing quite a few web assets.
- Better Doctors, Better Patients, Better Decisions: Envisioning Health Care 2020 (Strüngmann Forum Reports)
- Huntington Disease - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- PCR in Neuroscience: PCR in Neuroscience
- [(Orthopaedic Neurology: A Diagnostic Guide to Neurologic Levels)] [Author: Stanley Hoppenfeld] published on (November, 1978)
Additional info for Acute Ischemic Stroke: An Evidence-based Approach
126. Rose SE, Chalk JB, Griffin MP, Janke AL, Chen F, McLachan GJ, Peel D, Zelaya FO, Markus HS, Jones DK, Simmons A, O’Sullivan M, Jarosz JM, Strugnell W, Doddrell DM, Semple J. MRI based diffusion and perfusion predictive model to estimate stroke evolution. Magn Reson Imaging 2001;19:1043–1053. -Y. CHOU AND ERIC E. 1 Thrombolytic therapy with intravenous recombinant tissueplasminogen activator (IV rt-PA) is the most effective treatment for acute ischemic stroke. In this chapter, we review the rationale for thrombolysis in acute ischemic stroke, clinical evidence supporting the use of thrombolytics, and the application of thrombolysis in practice.
Wardlaw JM, Dorman PJ, Lewis SC, Sandercock PAG. Can stroke physicians and neuroradiologists identify signs of early cerebral infarction on CT? J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1999;67:651–653. 12. Mullins ME, Lev MH, Schellingerhout D, Koroshetz WJ, Gonzalez RG. Influence of availability of clinical history on detection of early stroke using unenhanced CT and diffusion-weighted MR imaging. Am J Roentgenol 2002;179:223–228. 13. Barber PA, Demchuk AM, Zhang J, Buchan AM. Validity and reliability of a quantitative computed tomography score in predicting outcome of hyperacute stroke before thrombolytic therapy.
2 Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria for Treatment with Intravenous Tissue Plasminogen Activatora . 39 There are insufficient data to support the use of rt-PA for ischemic stroke in pregnancy or in the pediatric population (age <18 years). INTRAVENOUS THROMBOLYTICS 43 global endpoint was derived from the individual scales with the use of scale-specific cut-points that were defined as a favorable outcome. 03, Fig. 2). 6, p ¼ 0:0008). The absolute percent differences between rt-PA and placebo across the four assessment scales ranged from 11% to 13% (Fig.