By Stephen McDaniel, Chris Hemedinger
- Created in partnership with SAS, this ebook explores SAS, a enterprise intelligence software program that may be utilized in any company surroundings or company for information supply, reporting, information mining, forecasting, statistical research, and more
- SAS worker and technologist Stephen McDaniel combines real-world services and a pleasant writing variety to introduce readers to SAS basics
- Covers an important issues corresponding to getting quite a few sorts of info into the software program, generating studies, operating with the knowledge, uncomplicated SAS programming, macros, and dealing with SAS and databases
Read or Download SAS For Dummies PDF
Similar mathematical & statistical books
This booklet constitutes the completely refereed court cases of the 22st foreign convention on laptop Networks, CN 2015, held in Brunów, Poland, in June 2015. The forty two revised complete papers offered have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from seventy nine submissions. The papers in those court cases conceal the subsequent themes: computing device networks, disbursed desktops, communications and teleinformatics.
This booklet collects contributions written through recognized statisticians and econometricians to recognize Léopold Simar’s far-reaching medical influence on facts and Econometrics all through his profession. The papers contained herein have been awarded at a convention inLouvain-la-Neuve in might 2009 in honor of his retirement.
This e-book specializes in statistical equipment for the research of discrete failure instances. Failure time research is without doubt one of the most crucial fields in statistical learn, with purposes affecting quite a lot of disciplines, specifically, demography, econometrics, epidemiology and scientific study.
- SAS/GRAPH 9.2 Reference
- Data Mining Using SAS Enterprise Miner: A Case Study Approach
- Using the Internet in Healthcare , Edition: 2nd
- Doing Data Analysis with SPSS: Version 18.0
- Getting Started with SAS Profitability Management 1.3
Additional resources for SAS For Dummies
Filtering SAS data One of the most frequently used features of SAS Enterprise Guide is the Filter and Query task. After you open a data set, this task makes it easy to filter the data to analyze just the records that interest you. Filtering data can be as simple as organizing customer data based on country or the patients in a trial based on year of birth. Filtering can be based on one or many conditions, using “and” or “or” logic, and can even utilize complex formulas in the conditions. ” 27 28 Part I: Welcome to SAS!
From the Heading Properties for Subcategory dialog box that appears, click the General tab, as shown in Figure 2-18, and delete the text in the Label field. Do the same for the row identifier Product and for statistic identifier Sum. Click OK. Figure 2-18: Heading properties for a categorical variable. 11. Back in the Summary Tables pane, click Titles in the left panel. 39 40 Part I: Welcome to SAS! 12. Click the Use Default text box to turn off the default title and enter the following for Text for Section: Regional Sales Summary by Subcategory and Product.
And don’t worry if you don’t know what a p-value is right now. ) The surprising secret of actually arriving at good results for decision-making is the huge amount of time that many people spend accessing, organizing, and preparing their data for a particular analysis. In visiting more than 50 major companies in our various work experiences, we’ve found that the common theme is the massive amount of resource and rework time spent on the data preparation aspect of business analytics. As mentioned earlier in this chapter, the first developers of SAS were doing real-world research projects and faced these very same data preparation and analysis issues.